Monday, August 26, 2013

Welcome Back!

Welcome Back to School!
I saw so many smiling faces today. The halls were definitely alive as everyone returned to school. The faculty and staff have worked really hard this summer to make sure all of the students have a great year. 
Look for lots of amazing things happening inside and outside of the classrooms as we focus on technology and social emotional learning this year. We thank you for your patience as we continue with the roll out of our new website and other pieces of Blackbaud. We will continue to experience growing pains as we implement the 1-1 iPad program in 3-8th grade, but the faculty is committed to making this program successful.
We are also excited to welcome Mrs. Emily Friend as our new curriculum director. Mrs. Friend and I have spent a lot of time this summer working to build the advisory program in the middle school and to develop a strong foundation of support for the NPES technology curriculum.
Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help make sure this is the best year ever at NPES.